Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another great post from our amazing missionary! He's leaving for Germany June 11!!!!! Hey Guys, First off, thanks for the packages and letters this week, i don't think you know how much they mean to me (there one of the things that keeps me going day to day). I think Grandmother sent me a package of cookies that were delicious, (im not sure if they were from her because the return address was blotted out) thank you so much. This week has been very difficult, but i have learned so much im not even sure where to begin, i guess ill start where i let off. We have started teaching 2 investigators a day about 2-4 days out of the week and the other days we are still teaching one investigator per day. The two investigators we have now (i don't know if i mentioned this before) names are Markus and Sabastian. Both have had really hard family backgrounds and both have divorced parents. Markus is a plumber who has a Lutheren background, but hasn't gone to church since he was very little. He is just kind of going through the motions of life and is trying to find purpose. Sabastian has no religious background, no job, and his wife left him. He has no idea who God is and constantly feels alone. My heart goes out to him every time i see him. However, in the past week, we have commited Sabastian to Baptism and we are getting Markus to be more open about our message. The lessons Elder Woolsey and I have had with these two individuals have been some of the sweetest spiritual experiences i have felt here in the MTC, let me just briefly share with you one experiences we had yesterday with one of them. Yesterday we were only planning on teaching one lesson, but found out about when our teachers got there that we would be teaching two lessons that day, and that we had 20 minutes before we had to teach our first lesson (to Sabastian). So, as if we weren't stressed enough over the one lesson we had to teach latter that day, we had twenty minutes to prepare for a lesson and we had no idea what to teach. So, we said a quick prayer, decided to talk more about who God is and why he loves us. We prepared briefly, then went to teach. Honestly going into the lesson, i thought it was going to be aweful, but Elder Woolsey and i said another quick prayer to have the spirit with us and we went in and taught. It turned out to be one of the best lessons we have taught to that point, it wasn't very long (only about 15-20 minutes), the spirit was there the whole time. Sabastian at the beggining of the lesson expressed concern about not receiveing answers to his prayers. We explained as best we could in German that sometimes God does not answer our prayers right away, but he will if we continue to pray and read the scriptures we also further discussed that because we are God's children and he loves us very much. We challenged him to pray later and ask God if he was there and if he did indeed love him. Then, when we were about to say the closing prayer, we asked him to say the closing prayer and Elder Woolsey challenged him to ask in his prayer if God did indeed love him, and he did just that. The prayer was amazing, and i knew everyone in the room could feel the love of our Heavenly Father. After he was done praying, i asked him if he felt anything at all and he said he felt warm inside. I testified to him that what he was feeling was the Holy Ghost and that was God's way of letting him know that he loved him very much. I don't know if this experience made much sense at all, or if you guys realize how powerful the experience was to me, but i want each of you to know that i know that God is indeed our literal and loving Heavenly Father. That he loves us and wants to pour out his love on us, all we have to do is ask. As simple as this truth sounds, i know there are so many people in this world who don't understand it. They don't understand that no matter how alone they feel, or how hard their life seems that there is someone out there who loves and cares for them and wants to share that love he has for them if they will but ask. The scripture "ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be open unto to you" has everything to do with this idea of asking God to feel his love. Along that line, i also know that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has this fatherly love that God posseses. Elder Woolsey and i were privelaged to be able to teach about the Atonement this past Sunday, and in it we shared a clip from Elder Holland April 2009 Conference talk about the Savior and his atonement. In this clip Elder Holland said something like this, "because Jesus our Lord Savior walked the lone and dreary path alone we do not have to." I know that this is die Wahrheit, Jesus Christ went through more that we can possibly imagine so that we do not have to walk alone. Through his great and everlasting atonement, we can both see and feel his love for us, and one day, if we are righteous and use the atonement, we will be able to live with him and Our Father in Heaven again. Well, that turned out a lot longer then i had anticipated. I have to go soon, but i hope you all know how much i love you guys. You are in my prayers everyday, and i know i am in yours. I am so thankful for you Mom and Dad, for the things you have taught me taught me in my Youth, for the perserverence you both had in dealing with me no matter how much of a "jerk" i was. One thing in particular that i am extremely grateful for is for the time and resources you gave up when i was little to teach me the stories in the scriptures and how to pray. You guys were with me every night when i was little kneeling down with me helping me say my prayers. Though it might seem like this was just a little thing, i know that it is one of the biggest things that got me on the path to being a missionary today. Also, those living scripture movies, i cannot tell you how much those helped me when i was little, and how much they still help me today. Those movies, though as simple as they may seem, are the stories i know can convert people. It worked for me, and i challenge each of you guys to watch one each family home evening, they will help bring peace and spirit into the house, and they will help each of you develope an even stronger testimony. I love each of you guys so much. I miss you everyday, but i know this is where is need to be. Take care and remember that you guys mean everything to me. With Love, Elder Seamons PS: Ya, that $75 does need to be paid for tithing, i did the math before i left. I am leaving June 11th, but i do not know what time i will be calling yet. I will let you know when i get my travel plans. PSS: Pipe sounds like fun! I miss it, work hard! PSSS: When Jonathan says, "You BIG JERK!", he actually means "I love you, please tickle me"

1 comment:

GrandMaMa said...

Great to hear from our missionary! What an amazing week for him...Will he really be leaving on June 11? Wow...it's for real isn't it! Love this boy so much.....