Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Seamons Scrolls October 20, 2013--Letters from us to our missionary!


Dear Joseph,
Hi. I guess I’ll write first this week. Something seems to be wrong with the computer and it’s lost everyone’s letters so we’ll have to reconstruct this letter.
We just got back from Nathan’s Farewell. He did a good job on his talk, even though he seemed a little nervous. But I think he is pretty excited to go. This has been a long wait for him---just about as long as your wait. Anyway, of course, Aunt Mary had a wonderful lunch for us and it was fun to see everyone. Uncle Greg came up and then there was us, Grandmother and Papa Joe, all of Uncle Leon’s family and Uncle Jamon’s family. Yummy food and Tim and Shelby even played the Canadian National Anthem. Anyway, it was a quick trip down and back. I think I’ve logged at least 20,000 miles since the beginning of summer on the car---it is crazy! Yesterday, Ben and I left at 5:00 a.m. to go to Rexburg to his lesson and then we went to Poky for his playoff game at 11:30. It was a sad game. Mostly sad for Ben, because his team just kind of gave up, which they really didn’t need to do. They were pretty evenly matched in the first half, I think it was 10 to 0 then, but only because the other team had scored once and scored a touchback. Anyway, when they came out for the second half, it was just like they rolled over and died! No energy, no rousing, it was sad, and Ben was pretty sad. Anyway, Ben got a good pass and a good tackle a couple of times. I think I got it on film, so I’ll have to see if I can post it to you.
I do see that the Preston Boys team is going to state next week! That’s pretty exciting! I’m going to type part of the article here and then send it to you.
“Jorge Sanchez scored on a long free kick one minute into the second half and Preston’s backline held firm in a 1-0 victory over host Bonneville in the championship match of the 4A Fifth-Sixth District Tournament on Thursday afternoon in Idaho Falls, ID. The Indians (10-6-1), winners of three straight have now qualified for the eight-team 4A state tourney twice in the last three seasons. ….Eli Ramirez was fouled in the middle third of the pitch in the 41st minute, and Sanchez made the third-seeded Bees (5-9-1) pay. There were a myriad of players from both teams in the 18-yard box…and Sanchez somehow snuck his lengthy strike inside the near post. “Their keeper got mixed up in all the mess and it went in.” The fourth-seeded Indians darn near added an insurance goal in the 65th but Stillman Palmer’s rocket of a 20-yard shot—it was an ‘incredible shot,’ was barely saved by the Bonneville goalkeeper. Palmer’s strike was headed for the upper 90 of the near post. E Bees almost equalized with five minutes left in the match on a 25-yard free kick, but Preston Keep Dalton Lloyd pushed the shot off the top of the crossbar and out for a Bonneville corner kick. Preston avenged a 2-1 home loss to Bonneville, which was issued four yellow cards Thursday, on Oct. 1. E Indians narrowly outshot the Bees 16-14 but enjoyed a big 11-4 advantage in shots on frame. “We just played smarter this game” Preston center back Adam Stocks said. “We were more aggressive on the ball. They’re a pretty aggressive team, but we just went for it. Stock is captain and one of eight Preston seniors who will get to finish their prep careers on a high note.”
Anyway, I will send the article and picture to you. There’s a picture of Eli head butting the ball and looks similar to a picture of you that was in the paper when you were a senior. It looks like they have some nice new uniforms though. They look pretty sharp. Black and white with addidas stripes on the arms and shorts and long-sleeved shirts. How’s that for a description. It looks like the girls are playing in a district tournament elimination match at Century. They are second-seeded and they beat Rigby (3rd seeded) 2-1. I guess they lost to Blackfoot earlier this week but will now face them again on Saturday for the district’s second spot to the 4A state tourney. I guess Century is seeded number 1. I’m not sure if that makes sense to you, but I guess they are doing they’re district playoffs different then the boys.
Okay well the rest of the week has been a little heart breaking. David played in a tournament and they played the number 1 team, but didn’t lose by as much this time. We compromised on Wed. and let him play the first half of his game before he went to the orchestra concert. He is playing in the All Stars Rec game on Monday (don’t worry, everyone knows David is playing both leagues and there are a few other boys doing the same thing and no one seems worried about it, I even asked, and they said it was fine.) Sam played Poky on Thursday and it was a sad game---they did pretty well at the beginning, but kind of lagged behind during the second half. Samuel didn’t play most of the second half because he, ahem, was involved in an altercation with a Poky player. Sam said the other player was mad he couldn’t get past Sam so he was cursing, so Sam said he was worthless and then the Poky player yelled at him and then Sam punched him and then Sam’s coach took him out and yelled at Sam. And Sam says he doesn’t want to talk about this anymore…..this conversation is over, so anyway, those are the details. Anyway, Sam plays Century this week and then Bonneville next week.
As we were driving down to SLC this morning, I was playing some old conference talks to keep myself awake.. One of the talks was by Joseph C. Wirthlin and he had a few football stories. One of the stories talked about keeping your eye on the ball. I guess Elder Wirthlin got distracted from watching the ball because of a huge player on the opposing team that was about to knock him over. The second story was about when he caught a pass for the touchdown and he got tackled but thought he was close to the line, so although he couldn’t see anything with everyone on top of him, he reached out his hand and realized the ball was only 2 inches from the line and he thought about pushing it over, because no one would know, since he was on the bottom of the pile and he would be the hero and score the touchdown, but he remembered his mom telling him to be honest in all things and he knew he couldn’t push the ball the 2 inches to the line because he would always feel that he let his mom down. So Samuel pipes up and says----“What the heck!?! Why didn’t he just push the ball over, no one would have known, it’s not that big of a deal.” Nice! Apparently, Sam’s not appreciating the point of the story here. I guess we have a ways to go on honesty in everything (including SPORTS!)
We did press apples last night. It was about 5:30 when Ben and I got home yesterday, so it was yeah, fast, and furious, cold and dark! But we got about 4 gallons. It tastes yummy! Can’t wait to do more! I don’t know why it seems we don’t have much free time to do it this year, but I’m hoping for Friday and Saturday this week. Wish we could send you some, but I don’t think it would make it----it would probably be pretty fermented by the time you got it and might not be too good for you! We’ll drink some for you. Grandma made donuts on Friday and Saturday because Rebekah and Dawnya were here. They were yummy too! I bet you’d like those, but I don’t think they’d be very good by the time they got to you. Maybe….how was grandmother’s pb bars? Did they taste okay once you got them? I’m hoping Grandma will send you some Christmas Candy! I’ll make sure and get that sent!
Well, I think that’s about it for our week. We love you and miss you and are so proud of you. Your letter was great. I sent you an email with links to possible stickers on the byu online page. I also sent you a package with some markers and stickers, but I don’t think it’s exactly what you wanted, so let me know and I can keep looking for exactly what you want.
Love you to pieces (big hug!)
Mom


Dear Joe,
How’s your mission going? I had 1 and a half games this week. The 1st games we went against the best team and we lost but not by much (much better than last time). The reason why we lost is because 1 player in the defense didn’t keep his shape such as he would always stay in the middle which is my position so I told him to go to the right and he wouldn’t do that. My 2nd soccer game we lost because I wasn’t in the 2nd half because of the stupid orchestra concert so we got killed in the second half and really good in the 1st half. So see ya.
From,
David Seamons
***************************************************************************************************
Dear Joseph I played my last soccer game this week. David is being a lazy butt. He is not helping doing work we made apple cider. The Mommy cat is having two more kittens. We went to Nathan’s farewell. Love Jonathan Seamons
************************************************************************************************
Dear Joseph,
Hi, I had a good week. I’m feeling much better. I’m still as stubborn as ever, but I got to go to school this week and it was great! Tomorrow Mommy and Daddy have a meeting with the State about what they’re going to do with me in the school, so maybe you could say a prayer for me so that everything gets worked out this time and they find someone really good to help me in the classroom. I love riding the 3 wheeler with Daddy! I miss you lots and lots. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Jacob!!!!!

*************************************************************************************************************************
Dear joe
How are You? Thanks a bunch for the straight answer. We were so close. I know we could’ve beaten them. I don’t even want to talk about it. We lost this week to the Snake River Panthers because we gave up. I was super-duper angry. We were so close to the Minnie-dome and we just threw it away. Some of the guys I don’t even think care anymore and they got scared. It was so dumb. The line wasn’t blocking, receivers weren’t catching, the centers were doing crappy It was terrible. I mean I literally had to be blocking 3-5 guys because the lineman wouldn’t. I still had some good blocks. I caught 2 passes. I didn’t run at all. Our defense did really good though; we were holding them to 10-6 till fourth quarter. And the only reason it was 10 instead of just 8 was because they scored a safety because Parker snapped it out of the end zone. We were swarming really well though. The linebackers were always in on a tackle but then they had some lucky plays and some lucky calls. We stopped them within the 10 yard line at least 7 times. Well that’s enough about that. We juiced some apples after we came home yesterday. Today we went to Nathans farewell. It was fun. He gave a good talk. We played cards afterwards. Also Boys soccer team is going to state thanks to Jorge Sanchez. He shot the lone goal in win over Bonneville. Sounds like their defense did well. School still sucks. Now give me a straight answer do you think I should do Basketball or wrestling? Also do you think I should start lifting weights with Sam? Well, have fun. Do some good.
P.S. Next year is going to be sick
Ben

Dear Elder Joe,
Well it looks like that everybody else told you about what I was going to say this week so why repeat huh, just kidding. The JV lost to poky 32-14 so not a good game at all, and the varsity had a 20-13 loss in the mini-dome the refs decided that game though they called 2 touchdowns back on us so not a good night up there but ISU does have a nice field to play on though. Well the boys soccer team is going to state so here they go again and this time they get a good seed, they won districts so now they get to play the 3rd seed form 3rde districts so better odds than you guys had when you went let’s hope that the boys don’t disappoint. Well that’s my week for you how’s yours?
Samuel
Dear Joseph,

So how goes the stripling warrior battle? Here in MC our stripling warrior is Jacob. Every time his diaper gets wet he is stripling down wanting a new change of clothes. The deer hunt has been on for a couple of weeks, but with football going on no one has gone hunting. Yesterday I saw someone take a pretty big buck out of Jay’s field from about the same spot where we saw that huge 3 point and 4 point last year. At Stoke’s this past week I went through Alexis Nicholas ‘s line and she said that she got her call to Ventura, California; the same mission as Aunt Catharine went to, Except aunt Catharine was Spanish speaking. Also a Camille Davis who sometimes would work as cleaning person at Swainston’s shop got her call to Tulsa, Oklahoma; the same mission as Cory Swainston. Well Fall sports are starting to wind down, with David’s competitive soccer finished and all he has left is All-stars game with the rec. group. Ben is now done with their loss yesterday against Snake River and the refs. It is hard to beat the team that the refs. are on their team, and they have the ability to call back every touchdown you make with a penalty call just because. And Jonathan is now finished with his rec. season. So Sam is the only one going now. Grandma made donuts this weekend. Sorry that you missed out they were good, especially when they were still warm and freshly glazed. We also were able to press a couple of gallon of apples yesterday just as the day was getting dark. Everyone including Jacob seemed to really enjoy the donuts and apple juice. Well I better get finished so that mom can get this sent off before it gets too late. You have a great week and do some good. dad  

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.