Sunday, June 28, 2009

Picture day at Birch Creek Road

 

Well, Saturday morning I was running (I'll clarify, jogging SLOWLY, jiggling, etc.) up the road into the Forest and I noticed that the waterfall that Jeff always wants to take a family picture at had just about the right amount of water. So in my hurry to get back home and grab the kids before the light was bad (the run back is all down hill), I was going a little faster then my usual jiggling pace and I biffed it so bad---right on my face! Actually, I felt my ankle go down as I skidded on the lose gravel and then I went down hard. I was stunned----I've never fallen that hard before, and I was literally stunned, I couldn't move. I wondered what to do.....so did Charcoal. She just looked at me like, 'why did you go and mess up our nice run?' Anyway, after a few minutes I hauled myself up and SLOWLY, hobbled down the last mile to our house. So.... by the time I got the kids fed, dressed and back up to the Forest (NOT on foot, this time!) It was about 11:30 and the light was not good. But since we made the effort, we took the pictures anyway. This is about the only one where everyone is looking straight ahead. Not the best, but at least the picture got taken. I'll put a few more on a slide show.

Yes, I'm still hobbling about with a very swollen ankle. Dang it! Oh well, next time I'll try to remember that I'm a middle-aged, out of shape runner (make that a jiggler), when I'm going down hill, instead of Superwoman, leaping potholes in a single bound!
Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my I hope your OK! I love the pictures - There are some really good ones, my favorite is the one of Joseph and Jacob looking at each other, very sweet. Your boys all look so great in orange.

GrandMaMa said...

I'm so sorry about your fall..you need to be careful honey...not as young as you used to be but hey...I'm impressed that you're running...GOOD JOB GIRL! The pictures are beautiful. You need to forward them to the Grandparents...they don't seem to know how to get onto the family blog! Hope you are OK for the 4th. I can't wait!