Monday, June 24, 2013

Our second letter from our missionary in Germany! Hey Guys, Well it sounds like you guys have had a pretty great week hauling hay and such. That's cool that Tiffany got her call to Anaheim. That is where one of my roomates, Elder Spotten, went on his mission. He left at the end of May, so Tiffany might see him some time during her mission. But that is super cool that she is going. Tell her she should be glad she is in the states, because she would probaly be pretty frustrated with the language if she went foreign speaking, kind of like someone i know. I'm glad you are all doing ok though. Sorry the sick bug came through the house, but i hope you are all feeling better now. And that is so aweful to hear about Kennedy, thanks for letting me know, i'll definately pray for her and her family. Keep me posted and let me know how she is doing. Sounds like pipe is going pretty well, 5 lines in Riverdale! That is pretty cool. Hope that the rotating screen dosen't break (knock on wood). That is cool you guys have cats now. I guess Charcoal isn't so gun hoe over cats as Max was, so ya, i hope your cats don't get eaten! Mom, that is super cool that you are going to go into Special Ed! I think the world definately needs more people in that field that actually love and care for those who need that extra help. Hope your classes go well, i'll pray for you! Thanks for the letters every week guys, they are really one of the few things that keep me going throughout the week, so keep um coming. I think my address is Heilige Geist Strasse 54 (some area code) and then Rosenheim. Type that into Google maps sometime this week and see if you can find it. This week was better than last week. We were able to meet some more people and we actually have two appointments one today and one tommorrow, so hopefully those go well, and the people are actually interested. These will be my "real" first two appointments, so if you have time, say a little prayer for me cause im gonna need it. We also found two other people this week that we were able to give Book of Mormons too. One was a man from Serbia that let us come in and talk to him for about 20 minutes and the other was a lady that we met in Grafting who greeted us at the door wearing a nice towel, and well that was it. She seems really pretty interested though and said she has been to church before. She said to come by in a week when she is not so busy, so ya, hopefully we will listen to us. About the guy from Serbia real quick, he seems (and he said) that he is pretty confused about what religion he should be. He said (i think) that his mom was Catholic, his dad was Muslim and something about his grandparents being something else, so he asked us, "which one am i?" His wife is Catholic and he says that their "priest dude" is always asking for money. The Serbian guy really doesn't like that and feels it is wrong, and we told him we agree. We gave him a Buch Mormon and told him to read 1 Nephi 13. We told him we would come back some time this week, so hopefully he read that kapital with an open mind and wants to learn more. That about sums up this week. I've decided that im going to do a little "message of the day" and that is kind of what i will use for my "pick up line that day." I figured if i can at least do that then i can at least be a little more helpful to Elder Armstrong. We'll see how that goes. Well, i love you guys, and miss you alot! I hope this email find you well and that the house is still in one piece. I just want to briefly share with you my testimony of the Gospal of Jesus Christ. I know this Gospal is true. I feel it everytime i pray, everytime i read the Heiligen Schriften, everytime i read your letters, and everytime i bear testimony. I love this Gospal with all my heart, and i know that it is the only way we can obtain salvation. One thing that i think i have really learned since i entered the MTC and have been out here in Germany is how real the Gospal is. I guess i knew it was real and true before my mission, but the extent to it being everything and it truly being our way to return to Heaven have really hit me these last couple weeks. I think often we think of Church and the Gospal of Jesus Christ as just kind of being there for us to use and when when we want or when we feel "we have time". However, it should really be the priority in our life, everything in our life should be focused around Jesus Christ and his Gospal. Now, im not saying that we should all turn into Monks and Nunns and read the scriptures 24/7, but i think that we should always strive to bring the Light of the Gospal into everything we do, for our benefit, and for the benefit of others. I think going to BYUI really helped me to realize this to some extent. It was interesting to me to see how the teachers all strived to apply the Gospal into thier teaching, reagardless of what subject it was. They didn't preach out of the Good Book per say, but they always were able make the classroom a place where the Spirit could dwell and i know i was blessed because of that. Now im also not saying that we should preach to people everywhere we go either, but i do beleive we should try to show that we beleive in Christ by the things we do, say, and how we act. Like at school, we should always strive to use our best language, and not talk about vulger or stupid things. When we go to practice or before a game, we should say a little prayer, whether silently or with our teamates, that we will be able to play and give our best and seek for help to be better. Before we practice our instruments, we should say a little prayer for help and for guidance on what we should work on. I could go on and on, but it is really the little things like that that will set us apart from other people, and will help us grow closer to Christ. I'm reminded of a scripture in Mosiah 4:11 where it King Benjamin counsels, " ... I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord dailly, and standing steadfastly in the faith of theat which is to come..." I pray that we can all strive to remember how great God is and how much he has given us. I hope we will always give our best in everything we do, and try to show others what we beleive through our words, actions, and deeds. I love you guys so much. I hope you can always find happiness and joy, and please always remember how much you guys mean to me. Take care, Elder Seamons

No comments: