Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Elder Seamons July 8th letter!

Hey guys,
Well, looks like everyone had a good time at the 4th of July last week! We kind of had our own little celebration. We woke up went outside and i played the star spankled banner as the other two Elders in Rosenheim sang and Elder Armstrong commentated. We got some pretty weird looks from the neighbors, and i think one guy was considering calling the polizei. Fun though, thanks again for sending those little flags.

I haven't got your package yet and i was talking to one of the Elders and he said he didn't get his Christmas package for six monthes, so hopefully it will get here soon, but as of now i haven't got your package.

The fourth of July was also a really good contacting day for us. We found 4 potentials two of which (a daughter and her mom) are extremly interested in religion, but said they could only meet with us when her huspand is gone. I guess he is Muslim and doesn't like them investigating other churches. The mom is from Russia, and the girl is in the 3rd year of school and man, she knows her Bible! We gave her a Book of Mormon and honestly, i think she might read the whole thing before we get there sometime this week. 

Yesterday was also an amazing day. We had a great fast and testimony meeting, and a great church meeting in general. Our Bishop, Bishop Keinz, gave a great testimony on missionary work, and we actually got a new ward mission leader this week. His name is Mattieus Herber, he served a mission in New Jersey from 04-06, so he's pretty young, single, and loves to  do missionary work! He had Elder Armstrong and I over for dinner last night (the other two Elders were at an eating appointment) and after that we asked him if he could come by with us to try and give a lesson to a lady (sie heiss Rita) that we had found on the 29th of June. We went over there and Elder Armstrong and i tried to give  a "0" lesson, but about half way through, Mattieus jumped into the first lesson and covered from Dispensations through the Book of Mormon. It was alright thought, it was what she needed to hear and i was grateful that a real Duetcher was able to explain these marvolous things to her amd man, the spirit was so strong! 

There is another expericene i would like to share breiflly. On Tuesday, we had a finding day in Munich and i went on splits with one of our Zone Leaders Elder Orchard (by the way he is super cool, he plays basketball for USU, went to Highland High School in Utah). As we were making our way back to the s ban, we stopped and talked to one last person on the street to try and contact them. They were so amazing! The family is from Hungary, and the only person that could speak German in their family was a little boy about 10 years old. The coolest part was that the father had seen us walk down the other side of the street earlier and according to the interpretation of his little boy, he knew we were Men of God. They then offered to feed us even though they were in a hurry to get back to Hungry. Unfortunately, we had to turn it down, but they insisted on buying us water. Again, i can't really expalin the feeling i had during that experience either. I had never felt so loved by someone who i didn't even know and to whom i couldn't speak the same language too. That family is so ready for the Gospal and i the only thing i wish is that i could teach them! They are golden. 

There are so many wonderful lessons and other experiences that i have learned this week that i wish i had time to share with you. But i would just quickly like to give my testimony on the power of the Spirit and the power of the fast:

With the experience with Rita, i know the only way i was able to say the things i said was through the spirit and i am so grateful that the Lord saw fit to give me the oppurtunity to be an instrument in his hand and be able to testify through his spirit. I know also that the spirit was so strong because of the fast, prayers, and sacrifices that are being made in behalf of the missionaries and those that are searching for the truth. The power of the fast is so incredible. When i fasted yesterday, i was fasting for the ability to be a more effective missionary, and boy did i see the fruits of that fast! I also know that i was able to say what i said becuase the many prayers and fasts that are being made/given for Elder Armstrong, myself, and those who are truth seekers. I am so grateful for the love of the savior that i have felt this week. For his willingness to help, comfort, and bless me with success even though i am nothing. It is amazing to me to see how much love the Savior and Our Heavenly Father truly have for us. I know i am being blessed more than i deserve, and i can't help but stand in awe of the greatness and glory of God. A few scripture verses comes to mind in the psalm of Nephi (2 Nephi 4:15-35) "My God hath been my support he hath led me through mine afflictions... and he hath preserved me... he hath filled me with ihis love even unto the consuming of my flesh...Rejoice o my heart and cry unto the lord, and say, o Lord i will praise thee forever, yea my soul will rejoice in thee, my God and the rock of my salvation... yea i know that God will give leberally to him that asketh. Yea my God will give me, if i ask not amiss therefore i will lift up my voice unto thee, yea i will cry unto thee my God the rock of my righteoussness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen."

I love this church with all my heart. I am so grateful that God saw fit to put me into a wonderful family who had the Gospal in their lives. I have been so blessed by you guys, and i want you to know i love you with all my heart. Take care and i pray you have the best week ever!

mit freundlich Grüßen,
Elder Seamons

No comments: